Westview Dance Club 2019 Survey Results
38 responses – 67% return rate from full time members
3 responses – 38% return rate from Associate members
Responses per each question:
1. New contact information
- One new address provided
2. Are you returning next year?
- 4 member couples undecided - health listed three times as reason potentially not returning
- 1 associate member undecided
- 87% of respondents returning
3. Preference workshops/demonstration dances or a combination
- The majority of respondents (48%) indicated they would prefer a combination of workshops and demonstration dances, workshops followed at 29% and just four respondents indicated volunteer demonstrations as their preference.
- Workshop preferences:
- West Coast Swing.
- Night Club and Country two step - equal number of requests
4. Preference of three week or four week curriculum
- 74% of respondents indicated they prefer the three week rotation.
5. Additional dances to the curriculum:
- Many dances were mentioned a potential additions; including salsa, all Latin dances, hustle, argentine tango, west costs swing and mambo. Quick step was the only dance suggested more than once.
6. Venue Suggestions
- Assiniboine Recreation Centre - Sturgeon Road - ample parking!
- Idea previously shared with Loris Vendramelli - rental fee exceeds the $50.00 limit
7. Purchasing of tickets from website
- 37% of respondents indicated they purchase tickets on line.
- Reasons for not purchasing include:
- Previous difficulty with PayPal/online purchases- X2
- Don't want to -= prefer class rep x3
- Not comfortable with on line purchases of any sort
- Not yet - but will try x2
- Did you want us to purchase on line?
- I'm a Luddite!
- Don't have PayPal
8. Suggestions for improvement:
o A two week review at the half way point of classes would be helpful.
o Need to find a way for Class reps to announce advise class of the theme and dress
o An inexpensive dedicated venue would be nice
o Smaller classes – 12 couple too much
o Practice – important for first half hour to play tunes with distinctive rhythms for those learning, to have an easier time to follow the beat
o Workshops would be easier if groups scheduled according to skill level
o Both options for purchasing on line and in person should be allowed
o Miss the dressy dances
o Would like an alternative to Oak Bluff – do not attend at that location
o Shorter dance season – perhaps 27 weeks
o Fewer dinner dances or a dance only portion to the dinner dances
o Eliminate NYE and have a mid January social dance
o Ask membership on whether to continue with Tango a part of the curriculum
o As class rep, I like the move to online purchases, - have few in class who purchase on line and have concerns with amount of cash (mainly) to carry.
o Thank you to Louise, for her follow up at Tuesday practices, and the value added with Bill attending and being able to demonstrate
o Thank you for all your work, doing a great job to keep the Club going – I applaud you, whatever else you wish to do is fine with me
o So happy this club exists!
o Love the format, and unique opportunity for practice. – A great way to remember and practice – No wonder the Club has lasted 50 years!
o Move away from cash to cheques only in September – incremental step towards Paypal only
o Implement the on line purchase strategy – see separate document
o Schedule fall workshop only as the 50th demonstration practice will start January/February
o Executive review of the annual schedule of events and lesson duration and schedule
o Check availability for other instructors for workshops and volunteer demonstration dances.